Revolve is looking for a senior web developer who finds nothing as satisfying as putting their code to work and transforming client objectives into digital reality.
Who You Are:
You enjoy strategically pushing the digital envelope and have a voracious desire to be on top of industry trends, insights and emerging digital technologies and best practices.
You are a team player who knows the importance of your individual contribution and you thrive in a collaborative environment. You enjoy solving problems as part of a team of creators, catalysts and strategists. You meet deadlines, you’re organized and you are a solid communicator.
Bonus if you like to talk cats and/or GoT.
The ideal candidate:
- Can convert PSDs into WordPress and Drupal masterpieces
- Considers translating ideas into solid code that works - even in IE10 - their bread and butter
- Knows the importance of being able to multi-task and balance big and small projects
- Thinks on their feet in a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
- Is an assertive and pro-active self starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Will play a role in estimating budgets, scopes and efforts and can right-size their magic according to the established brief, budget and timelines
- Welcomes collaboration on project strategy and UX direction
- Is passionate about development and has real-world experience
- Has a deep understanding of responsive frameworks
- Will settle for no less than a well-optimized website
- HTML5, CSS3
- Domain and DNS configuration experience
- Strong object-oriented development background with experience developing a wide variety of web apps
- Moderate Git commands knowledge
- Familiarity integrating tracking tools & technologies
Nice to Haves:
- Basic shell commands
- Cordova/PhoneGap experience
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Invision and Balsamiq
Who We Are
We are Revolve, one of Canada's premier branding and marketing agencies. We apply disruptive thinking to build powerful brands with purpose. We’ve built our reputation on our ability to reduce a complex challenge to a simple strategy. We take a nimble, entrepreneurial and collaborative approach to help build strong, memorable brands based on authenticity and creativity. Our culture is focused on making sure our clients love us and for being known in our industry as a great place to work. We measure success not by top-line revenue or number of awards, but by the success and stickiness of our clients and the tenure of our staff.
Our firm is built on five core values: strategic, creative, uncomplicated, initiative and caring. They are the filters by which we hire, fire, promote and reward. These values set us apart from our competition and are the primary reason our clients love working with us.
Our team of thirty-five works in a waterfront office on the shores of Bedford Basin, in Bedford, Nova Scotia, but we serve clients across Canada and the US. We work hard because we love what we do. We play hard too and are fortunate to work with an awesome group who genuinely care about each other. Revolve is a healthy place to work. In addition to a great work/life balance, there's always fresh fruit in the kitchen and yoga and bootcamp classes are provided for staff to attend.
All communications will be held in the strictest confidence. Please email a resume and an introduction to Careers@Revolve.ca by July 19th, 2017.