- You guessed it! Reels is still popular for 2022. Short-form vertical videos have proven to be the most effective and engaging form of content that has allowed many accounts to grow tremendously in 2021, and we will be seeing a lot more of those this year. According to HubSpot Blog, 64% of marketers plan to leverage more short-form videos in 2022.
Hot tip: Posting Reels directly to the Reels feed have also proven incredible growth for businesses. By sharing a reel directly to the Reels feed helps businesses tap into multiple audiences.
- Creating relatable content is something that will be on the rise for 2022. Posts such as photo dumps, posting photos with little to no filter, and authentic content that your audience can relate to. This will elevate the connection between a brand and their audience.
- Who doesn’t love a good meme? In 2022, we will see a lot more memes both as a post and in video format. According to Later Media, memes are a great way for brands to connect with their audience and join trending conversations.
- In this digital age, it is no surprise that social media has transformed into a virtual mall. As virtual shopping on social media platforms is on the rise, we will see a lot more of that on TikTok. TikTok recently collaborated with Shopify by helping brands build their presence on the platform and selling products directly through their TikTok accounts. TikTok shopping allows merchants to create organic and engaging content for audiences that will be directed to their online store for checkout. This feature helps their products get easily discovered on TikTok.
- Influencer marketing is on the rise as social media users are becoming more connected with creators and have created loyal fan bases. With the influencer community worth over $100 billion, according to The Economist, working with influencers can be more effective, and cheaper than paid advertisements.
Nano & micro influencers that have an amazing niche community is great for brands to dive in as they make product recommendations much more authentic. Researching influencer audiences, and finding an influencer whose audience will respond the most to your product will make influencer marketing one of the most successful strategies.