December 22, 2021
Revolve is looking for a Web Developer who finds nothing as satisfying as putting their code to work and transforming client objectives into digital reality.
You enjoy strategically pushing the envelope and have a voracious desire to be on top of industry trends, insights, and emerging technologies and best practices.
You are a team player who knows the importance of your individual contribution and thrive in a collaborative environment. You enjoy creatively solving problems within a team of strategists, designers, and developers. You meet deadlines, you’re organized and you are a solid communicator.
You’ll be great if you:
- 2+ years of web-development experience.
- Have in-depth knowledge of WordPress & Twig.
- Know your way around basic PHP back-end development.
- Love the challenge of achieving a high Google PageSpeed Insights score, especially for mobile.
- Appreciates the importance of accessibility, and knows how to conform to WCAG 2.1 AA standards.
- Are able to multi-task and balance large projects with smaller ad-hoc requests and regular WordPress updates.
- Are an assertive and pro-active self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Are passionate about development and welcomes collaboration on project strategy and UX direction.
You’ll be even better if you:
- Have solid knowledge of Shopify configuration and theme development
- Are comfortable using Adobe XD to create iterative designs for additional post types
- Have solid knowledge of Shopify templating and development
- Know how to code in React and/or Angular
- Have used Docker and understand basic shell commands
- Have worked on the AWS platform for hosting websites and apps.
- Have familiarity with configuring web infrastructure technologies like SSL and DNS
Your days might be spent:
- Coding Adobe XD design files into semantic code that works across all browsers and devices
- Selecting and configuring appropriate plugins and developing custom code to bridge gaps in required functionality.
- Playing a role in estimating budgets, writing scopes, and can roll with established budgets and timelines.
- Assisting with website testing and verification.
- Fulfilling our website maintenance obligations with regular site updates and by troubleshooting technical issues.
- Participating in website launches through your deployment and configuration activities.
- Helping to document website deployment information, including site inventory, versions, apps, and customizations for warranty and reporting purposes.
- Providing informal training on the CMS and site applications to the client service team.
Who We Are
Revolve is a full-service marketing agency with deep roots in brand strategy and creative services. Our passion is helping our clients ignite the spirit, touch the heart and inspire the mind with authentic brand storytelling and marketing. With over 35 years of experience serving clients across Canada and the US, Revolve continually evolves its offerings to keep pace with changes in consumer behaviour. We proudly employ a diverse and deeply skilled team of marketing strategists, social media strategists, e-commerce strategists, community managers, content creators, web developers, media planners and buyers, and SEM/SEO experts that all work in harmony to help the brands we serve thrive in this increasingly digital-savvy marketplace
Please email a resume and an introduction to Careers@Revolve.ca