A strategy to launch the Deloitte Private brand in Canada and Chile.
Deloitte, one of Canada’s leading professional services firms operating in over 150 countries, provides audit, tax, consulting, financial advisory, and risk advisory services to a wide range of Canadian and international clients.
In Spring 2019, Deloitte engaged Revolve to develop the brand manifesto, platform, and positioning for Deloitte Private in Canada and Chile, with the goal of helping Deloitte Private differentiate itself amongst its target audience of entrepreneurs, privately held businesses and high-net-worth clients.
- Develop a strategy based on the theme of ‘connection’ to define, elevate, and position the Deloitte Private brand.
- Establish brand awareness and reputation as the market leader and trusted advisor to private clients of all sizes across Canada.
Revolve took on the challenge of defining ‘connection’ in a way that goes beyond its literal meaning of “good relationships with our clients’.
Through looking at ‘connection’ differently, we positioned it for Deloitte Private as “Connecting privately held businesses to a network of ideas, knowledge, and thought leadership that fuels understanding, creativity, and ecosystems.” This evolved definition of ‘connection’ and a deep dive into the Global Brand Standards paved the way for the brand platform and promise of “Connecting you to what matters”.
Through in-depth client interviews with CEO’s, CFO’s, presidents and founders we were able to tell deep, meaningful stories about what Deloitte Private brings to the table for their private clients.
To build awareness and reputation, we designed and executed a carefully planned and targeted media strategy to impact target audiences with appropriate cadence. Although we explored sponsorship and experiential opportunities, the final plan would put Deloitte Private in the right place in front of the right target audience.
Deloitte Private’s brand platform, “Connecting you to what matters,” was validated with print, out of home, and long-form digital storytelling around the authentic milestones Deloitte Private has helped clients achieve and the connections that have gotten them there.
Additionally, Deloitte used their own channels and partnerships to promote the campaign through in-office signage and collateral, social media, a takeover of Union Pearson Express, and digital. The campaign manifesto and client stories are also being used internally as a rallying cry that educates and inspires Deloitte as a whole with the work its Deloitte Private teammates are doing and gives credence to the work through authentic, shareable client testimonials.
Revolve’s media campaign of print, digital, and out-of-home ads was estimated to deliver 17.5 million impressions and over the course of the campaign included:
- Full Page insertions in Air Canada’s enRoute Magazine (English & French)
- Newspaper insertions in Globe and Mail (printed edition – English) and Montreal LaPresse (digital edition – French)
- Digital display on Globe Alliance’s network of premium websites (English)
- Wall wrap and media screens in Montreal’s Pierre Elliot Trudeau Airport (Bilingual)
Although Revolve was unable to track analytics on Deloitte’s owned channels, our results show the campaign over-delivered on estimated impressions and saw more than double the average CTR (average display ad CTR is 0.05%).
- The digital portion of the campaign over-delivered on estimated impressions by 67%.
- Within the La Presse+ portion of the campaign, the first insertion on November 5, 2019, had the highest CTR (0.13%) followed by the second insertion on November 7, 2019 (0.11%).
- Within the Globe and Mail portion of the campaign, the double board had the highest CTR (0.20%) with 210,213 impressions and 422 clicks.
- The Big Box that ran on Globe and Alliance sites delivered the majority of impressions (57%) and clicks (65%).